Catalyse is a virtual organisation without a centre or an office. It functions in an open and accountable way through face to face meetings, and also makes use of web-based and telephone conference resources.
Catalyse is overseen by an Executive Committee which meets regularly to agree direction and priorities. Dawn Bennett is the current chair. The Executive Committee co-ordinates a number of Catalyse activities, on which particular Executive members lead. These include:
- running the two year CAT Practitioner Training course (Dawn Bennett – supported by Sarah Littlejohn as Executive Committee representative while Dawn is Chair)
- running Catalyse CAT Skills training (Karen Shannon)
- co-ordinating and advising on recruitment for Practitioner Training and on Supervision (Sarah Littlejohn)
- co-ordinating Café CAT open meetings for the Catalyse community, replacing the Projects Forum (Rhona Brown)
- overseeing the provision of Personal Reformulations (Dawn Bennett)
- planning and delivering CPD events (Jo Coggins)
- running the Catalyse Sheffield Psychotherapy Practice (Ellie Carr)
- managing our website and social media activity (Rhona Brown)
Professor Glenys Parry acts as Finance Director for Catalyse. Risk and governance issues are a priority for all members, and we are supported with these issues via annual review by one of our Non-Executive Directors, Frank Margison.
We are also supported by Lawrence Welch and Mark Evans in Non-Executive Director roles.
All of our activities are supported by Ex-Officio member Frances Free , Catalyse administrator.