Events and Calendar
Forthcoming Catalyse Events
25 Years of CAT Practitioner Training in the North
A one-day conference celebrating past, present and future CAT training
Event Hashtag: #CAT25conf
Date: Friday 17 May 2019
Venue: Chancellors Hotel and Conference Centre, Manchester
Fees: £75.00 for presenters, course trainees (current years 1 and 2) and Catalyse associates
£85.00 for others
Additional £15 for evening meal, drinks reception & entertainments
(Invoicing can be requested and incurs an additional £15.00 fee)
We are delighted to announce more details of this celebratory one-day conference. It marks a quarter-century of CAT practitioner training and applications of cognitive analytic therapy in the North.
The conference will showcase ways in which graduates of the CAT North/Catalyse Practitioner Training course have implemented and developed CAT over the last 25 years. It will be an opportunity for us to to take stock of CAT and CAT training in 2019. Additionally, it will provide a space to look ahead, imagine, and plan together alongside colleagues. What do we we expect for the future? Where do we want to take CAT training in the North in the next 25 years and beyond?
The provisional programme includes:
- Workshops showcasing a range of ways the CAT model is being implemented and adapted in different clinical settings by practitioners who have trained with us. We hope to have contributions on CAT and leadership, teams, reflective practice, gender and narcissism; applied in intellectual disability, primary care, forensic and perinatal settings; and across different cultural contexts
- Keynote by Glenys Parry on The Gift of CAT: Balancing Risk and Safety
- Kathryn Pemberton will introduce the new video resources developed as tools for creatively enhancing learning on practitioner and other trainings
- Karen Shannon, Marisol Cavieres, Kate Freshwater and Jenny Marshall will present on using CAT as a framework for service development and co-production
- An update on evidence for the effectiveness of CAT with complex and common psychological problems will be presented by Steve Kellett
- A range of poster and other brief presentations will reflect further innovative work
- Looking back and looking forward – including presentations by the course team plus consideration of how we work together to develop and sustain future CAT training in the North
Delegates are invited to stay on for a drinks reception, evening meal and social events – more details to follow.
Further details of the conference programme will be confirmed soon.
Who is it for?
The conference is primarily for current and past trainees of the CAT North/Catalyse Practitioner training course and other local CAT colleagues. We also welcome others who want to know more about cognitive analytic therapy, how CAT has developed in the North, its evidence base, and possibilities for the future. Those with an interest or development role in psychotherapy training are also most welcome to attend.
Chancellors Hotel, Chancellors Way, Moseley Road, Manchester M14 6NN- click this link for map and directions.
For Satnav purposes please use postcode M14 6ZT.
Online booking, see below.
If invoicing is required there is an additional charge of £15.00.
A receipt will automatically be provided when you pay online. A receipt can also be requested from the Catalyse administrator.
Please contact the administrator to inform us that you intend to book. You may download a booking form by scrolling to the end of this page.
Terms and Conditions:
Before proceeding to book and pay for this Conference day, please ensure you read and understand our terms and conditions.
Please note the fee options:
Standard fee – £85.00
Standard fee with evening meal/drinks – £100.00
Fee for Presenters, Catalyse Associates & Trainees* – £75.00
Fee for Presenters, Catalyse Associates & Trainees* with evening meal/drinks – £90.00
*Trainees – 2017-19 & 2018-20 cohorts